Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Where have I been for the past week?

Okay, I'll be the first to admit that, frankly, my blog-rate stinks. For those of you who drop by regularly (I know you're few, but dedicated), my apologies. I get too caught up in other things sometimes.

For instance, aside from regular life demands (such as putting in the garden last weekend), I've been spending a bit more time cruising through the blogs of those on the left side of the aisle (and thank you for the hospitality, I might add). It's interesting to see those on the left on their own turf, although I might also add that I've enjoyed chewing the cud with those of you who make it to my side of the aisle to hash out ideas.

I have one immediate peeve that comes to mind, one which I've posted in a couple of places on the left already: when left-leaners describe their political spectrum, it seems to go from "hard right" all the way to the most extreme on the other side; what they like to call "moderate". What gives? Isn't it extremely obvious that this is unbalanced and bias-laden? I'll be adding quite a few more blogs and sites to my blog soon (I'd start now, but don't have all the details at work), and (as my brother likes to tease me) "I'm tempted to consider" making my spectrum from "extreme leftist wacko" to "smack dab in the middle".

3 Comments:

Blogger Mark Richard Francis said...

I'm a 'Ultra hardcore super leftist'?

I'm actually a left-leaning libertarian, if that makes any sense to you.

Hey! I have an idea: take this silly test: http://www.politicalcompass.org/

I'm not claiming it's perfect or anything, but if you're honest with yourself, it's not off by that much. If you disagree with the results, go back in a few days and try again. We tend to find that you get a different score here and there, giving yourself a range.

Wednesday, June 01, 2005 9:41:00 p.m.  
Blogger Cyrano said...

Thanks, Mark - I'll drop the "ultra hardcore" thing after I've bored of it (no offense intended)

I've done that political compass thing before, but I forget what mine ended up as (more left than I'm comfortable with, if I remember correctly). I'll try it again soon and post the results.

Wednesday, June 01, 2005 10:09:00 p.m.  
Blogger Mark Richard Francis said...

If you don't like the results, go back and take a hard stare at some of the questions. My good friend Zorpheous determined that he fell within a range. Also, it only defines left/right as economic in nature.

Wednesday, June 01, 2005 11:42:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home