Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Abortion - where to begin?

When it comes to certain issues, I get remarkably feisty. For me, abortion is one such issue. Since I started blogging, I've always intended to write my detailed views/arguments related to abortion. Now that I'm here, I'm at a loss of where to start - you could say I'm having trouble conceiving this post.

I've spent a lot of time meditating and reading about abortion; I've taught about it in many of my classes; I've argued against it in personal debates, in newspaper editorials, and through internet forums/blogs.

Perhaps one place to start, and one that gets straight to my heart, is that my wife and I are legally allowed, right now, to go and have our almost 8-month-old-in-the-womb daughter killed, for any or no reason at all. In fact, my wife could do it without me even knowing anything about it ahead of time (I don't often enough realize how wonderful it is to have a God-fearing, life-loving wife). There is nothing in our country's legal framework to prevent us, or even to counsel us, to consider otherwise. If my wife somehow were to go through with such a heinous act - the only possible 'official' response would be some kind of celebration of her 'fundamental rights'. So much for the moral authority of the State.

8 Comments:

Blogger no sleep said...

You remind me of another fine blogger, John the Mad.

I'll be linking to you the next time I tinker with the template.

OC

Tuesday, June 21, 2005 1:43:00 p.m.  
Blogger Cyrano said...

Do you have JtM's address? I wouldn't mind checking it out.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005 3:01:00 p.m.  
Blogger no sleep said...

Cyrano:

John's a Red Ensigner. You can find him at http://surgite.blogspot.com/

OC

Wednesday, June 22, 2005 12:17:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually when my wife was pregnant with our second son,her health was so bad that our doctor actually suggested an abortion. ...He's now just turned thirteen and while I've had moments when I've thought that post-natal abortion might be worth looking into,I'm glad that we had him......Big Al

Friday, June 24, 2005 9:40:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my brother knows what he's talking about, somehow you can kill a baby and it's called choice..what about the baby's choice?

Sunday, June 26, 2005 2:57:00 a.m.  
Blogger Canadianna said...

Cyrano -- It took me a long time to find you. Your blog didn't show up in your profile on the comments page.
Like your blog. If you keep posting, I'll be linking.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 10:51:00 p.m.  
Blogger Christina Dunigan said...

Come explore my blog for more reasons to be prolife!

Friday, July 08, 2005 10:30:00 p.m.  
Blogger Cyrano said...

Granny, thanks for the sites - I'll add them to my links next time I update!

Saturday, July 09, 2005 4:14:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home