Monday, August 08, 2005

It's a girl (although we already knew that)!

Let it be said that I am efficient (when I want to be).

We had a baby girl early this morning.

My wife woke with contractions around 3 a.m., and woke me when her water broke just after 4 a.m. We called my sister-in-law to watch the kids (she arrived 5 minutes later); arrived at the hospital about 20 minutes later; and birthed the baby 20 minutes after that (forget what I said about my efficiency - it's my wife who's efficient!). Small claim to fame of our #5 child - she was attended by a nurse, born in the triage area, because the on-call doctor didn't have time to get in (I warned them we'd be fast when I called ahead)!

Pink cigars for everyone - you can get a real (chocolate) one if you see me in person before they run out!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Caongrats Shane O. I hope all are doing well and the new addition is a bouncing, health baby girl.

Hope Daddy is doing well too.

Monday, August 08, 2005 12:33:00 p.m.  
Blogger Cyrano said...

Thanks, Zorph ;)

Daddy is tired, although I'll try not to be a bigger baby about it than the wee lass. After all, my contribution can be summed up as a back rub just before the birth, and counting the seconds out loud for my wife as she went through all the painful (and a bit yucky) stuff.

Monday, August 08, 2005 1:17:00 p.m.  
Blogger Cyrano said...

Oh, and all the rest are doing okay too.

Monday, August 08, 2005 1:17:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!
Girls are the best...

Friday, October 28, 2005 11:15:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home