Thursday, July 21, 2005

Timmm-berrrrr .....

Thanks to my brothers-in-law (different sides of the family), the tree I mentioned not so long ago is now sleeping with the fishes. Good fun was had by all, as I got to chop it up with my chainsaw after the fact (I wasn't quite confident enough that my wedge cut would direct it to the (empty) center of my yard). The tree fell beautifully (apologies to Dogmatix) - and, better yet, thanks to my uncle, all the branches have also already been hauled away to the dump. I was dreading that last part taking 3 months of putting out small bundles for trash pick-up - a huge headache averted!

Now, I just have to take out the stump ....

UPDATE: I've made some progress with the stump, though still a ways to go. I'm updating for a mea culpa: I called my own (older) flesh and blood brother a brother-in-law without even noticing. How do these things happen? Not thinking very deeply, I thought, "brothers from both sides of the family", and thence to what I wrote.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did you thank *me*, your own beloved elder brother in life for my irreplaceable role in the death of your tree, when you attributed the help to "brothers-in-law". I am at a loss. By the way, lame Cyrano, how do you feel about western separation?

Saturday, July 23, 2005 9:27:00 a.m.  
Blogger Cyrano said...

(I am considerably humbled - sorry, bro; just one of those lapses in judgements brought on by one of my many brain-deteriorating ailments).

I'll post sometime about (western) separation - my thoughts aren't completely set on the whole thing. I will take the chance to 'think aloud' sometime.

Saturday, July 23, 2005 5:24:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home