Friday, May 13, 2005

DON'T PANIC!!!

As a long-time HHGTTG fan, I must confess I'm scared to go see the new movie. My shaky knees are somewhat assuaged (mixed metaphors, I know) by the LOTR movies, which didn't destroy my impression of the books tooo badly. However, HHGTTG has been horrendously done before (sorry to say, by the brits themselves) - brits just don't get the realism thing. If I watch a movie, I actually want the emotional satisfaction of feeling like it's true, even if my head knows darn well that it's not. The other thing is that in the movie trailer I noticed Marvin looks nothing like I envisioned him from the books. I will go see it eventually, when I work up the courage.

While I'm waiting, here's a little something Vogon-esque to think about:

O freddled gruntbuggly,
thy nacturations are to me,
As plurdled gabbleblotchits,
on a lurgid bee.
Groop, I implore thee,
[m]y foonting turlingdromes,
And hooptiously drangle me
with crinkly bindlewurdles
or I will rend thee [in the] gobblewarts,
[with my blurglecruncheon]
See if I don't!

(done from memory, I confess)
[corrected after checking the book]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home